"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, January 28, 2008

Dossier is in Ethiopia

Or at least it will be VERY soon! They sent it on January 23rd so I am guessing it will be there sometime in the next couple of days. Aye-chee-wa-wa!!!! This is all so very real! I cannot believe it is nearly here!

I have some specific prayer requests...

  • for peace for the all 6 kids as this time of HUGE transition comes near.
  • for peace for our Ethiopian kids that they are excited for this time and that any scary thoughts are put to rest.
  • for decisions about the grants we have applied for... we are still waiting to hear about them and are needing to apply for a loan if we do not get the grants.
  • for my national board papers to somehow get done... for focus and time to finish them

I have tears in my eyes as I write this because I am incredibly greatful to all of you who are walking with us on this adventure. Your prayers have kept us going and we are so thankful. This past month with 2 funerals, trips to California, work, sick kids, national board papers, and adoption plans would have been completely overwhelming but through prayer and your kind words we have not merely survived, as a family, we have thrived. As we get closer to the finish line... to bringing our kids home, I am constantly amazed by the blessings God has given us through our church family and friends. You guys rock!!!

No comments: