"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Good News

I have been checking my bank statement online 3 or 4 times a day, everyday, for the last few weeks. Not because of money but because that was the only way to tell when my birth certificate was being processed! I sent the request in on October 7th - the day we decided to adopt the kids... Hip! Hip! Hooray! The check cleared my account 2 days ago - so now my birth certificate should be arriving shortly. The birth certificate was the big hang-up for getting our dossier sent. So now, we just have to wait for that, collect a few more papers, have EVERYTHING notarized and we will be one step closer to bringing the kids home!

Most exciting news... we got 2 videos of the kids yesterday. Each of the videos are more than a year old but they were wonderful. On one, Marta is speaking English and she has the sweetest voice - oh!!! In another the boys are so sweet. Adisu is adorable and so good with the litte one and Esrael has one of the cutest smiles I have ever seen. Their mom is on the video too - when she doesn't think anyone is watching, you can see her sobbing in the background. It is so obvious that she loves her kids dearly. Our world cannot make sense of the sacrifice she is making... my "mom view" is unable to wrap my head and heart around what she is doing. I don't know how to understand it, but I know my job is to tell the kids how much she loved them and that I love them too. In one scene she is talking with the kids and they are so excited about the camera and she is trying to be excited but you can see that there is a part of her that wants to die. It was so hard to watch, and yet I am so thankful to know that these children know what it is to be loved dearly. Michelle, who has met the mom on several occasions, shared that she was so thankful to know that there was someone to care for the kids - that she can die peacefully knowing that they would be cared for and loved. At one point, their mom fell on the ground praising Jesus because she had been told that there was a family for the children. In the kids initial medical reports the mom said:
To CWA and the family thank you and God bless you for giving this opportunity.

No comments: