"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, October 8, 2007

A Timeline of Events

So, how did we get here? We are not completely sure ourselves...

2 years ago

  • started praying about adopting 1 four-year-old boy

May 19, 2006

  • storm drains backed up after a rainstorm and caused $20k worth of damage to our home

September 2007

  • called about adoption timelines... nearly a 2 year wait, but that was OK - lot's of time to get financing in order :)

Sunday, September 23rd

  • started asking others to pray for us.. the flood settlement was almost complete and we were ready... sort of

Monday, September 24th

  • got an email about 3 beautiful kids who needed a home... hmmm.... it came from Ben's cousins who are also adopting a 15-year-old boy from Ethiopia. The kids are about 6, 11, and 14 - we think!
  • got a phone call from our attorney saying our lawsuit was being dropped because he was leaving the firm - we had always said we couldn't move forward before the suit was finished.
  • starting praying...

September 24-October 7

  • praying, praying and more praying...

  • some awsome friends donate their used Suburban - the car payment issue was solved!

  • Many of the funds had already been raised - we only need 10-12 thousand more. ONLY! :)

  • Read Scripture - "I was hungry and you fed me, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink, I was homeless and you gave me a room, I was shivering and you gave me clothes, I was sick and you stopped to visit, I was in prison and you came to me…Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me---you did it to me.'"Mathew 25: 35-36, 40 (MSG)

  • Offers of hand-me-downs came pouring in...

October 7

  • After nearly 2 weeks of fervent prayer... we have decided
  • Started homestudy... started collecting certified copies of EVERYTHING! :)

We're Diven In, Baby!

I love that song!




No comments: