"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, October 13, 2007

One Down...3 zillion to go

WooHoo! Our Homestudy Paperwork is done! For those seasoned post-adoption parents you are all probably laughing at us because we are so excited that this is done... you know that this is just the first of a zillion more steps before the kids come home. But it feels GREAT to have it done. I will send it on Monday because our printer is malfunctioning and I need to print off the answers to all of our questions and take it to the post office. Yay!

So, Ben remains uncannily calm in all of this. For those of you who know Ben well, he is the worrier of the family. Not this time! He feels God's call and is at peace.

I on the other hand, keep seeing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in my head and am constantly forgetting that God is in charge of ALL the details and has this whole adventure planned down to the last penny. Thanks, Auntie Becky for the reminder! :)

Friends and family are finding out each day and we are getting some wonderfully memorable responses. Most often we hear something like, "You are going to be the Brady Bunch". I just smile and can hardly wait to be the modern Mrs. Brady. Too bad Alice doesn't come with the package :).

1 comment:

Heather Friesen said...

For me, I rejoiced more over our completion of the 13-page homestudy questionnaire than I did about any other piece of paperwork.

Congratulations!