"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, October 14, 2007

I promise not to cry...

Last night, Ben and I planned out our Minute Talk that we would be doing the next day at church... He made me promise not to cry - and I didn't. He did. I love how much he already cares for these children. It was so exciting to share this news with our church family. Most everyone was excited for us and had lots of good questions. We put the kids pictures up and everyone said how beautiful they are... we agree.

Now that reality is setting in, we are trying to come up with a good fundraising plan - if you have any good ideas please let us know. It seems so strange to raise money to bring your children home, but like Pastor Mark says, "It is a blessing to be a blessing." So we are incredibly thankful for the ideas, donations, prayers, and plans that you all have.

Tomorrow we get our fingerprints done... I really don't understand exactly what happens but I know that there is an FBI clearence that goes along with it... I think we will pass just fine. On Sunday, Aly our Social Worker will come for our visit. She says it takes a couple of hours to ask all the questions and look around - that should be interesting. I wonder if we get marked down for each time Lilly gets out of bed during "nap time".

Keep checking back to see what is happening next, and leave us a message - we would love to hear from you!

No comments: