"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, February 20, 2009

Just In Case You Are Wondering

When we began the adoption process - there was a moment when Ben and I panicked. Big time. Were we doing the right thing? Had we REALLY heard God right? The doubts began swimming and so did the negative comments from worried friends and family.

In the midst of our panic I posted to some friends on an adoptive parents web board. My question was... "Tell me the good things". And the good things came pouring in. And I felt better. I was reminded again that following this path was not going to be easy -- but I would survive it and my kids would be fine.

So tonight it is my turn to tell others the good things. We have 2 different sets of friends who are beginning the process to adopt. And they too will doubt that this is the right choice for their family. So G and T and Rob and Kimberly... and all those others who are starting this process - this post is for you.

The Good Things
  • Going into check on the boys at night and finding Danny and Jacob sleeping together in bed snoring with their arms wrapped around one another.
  • Watching Lilly hold Joseph's hand while they walk home from school. She tells everyone how much she loves her big brothers.
  • Listening to Marti and Lilly sing the songs from their American Girl CD... "I want to be an American Girl" and watching them dance around their tiny room together.
  • Watching Marti carry Addy to her room and cuddling her along the way.
  • Hearing Danny say that 2008 was the best year of his life.
  • Watching Ben with the kids - he loves being a dad to 6 (even if he is going to get gray hair soon)
  • Watching Joseph as he works so very hard to learn English, get good grades and embrace the education opportunity he has here in America.
  • Hearing Joseph sing in English (he has a beautiful voice)
  • Knowing (without a single doubt) that THIS is the BEST life I could ever imagine.

No comments: