"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa Claus


We are a Santa Claus family... and proud of it! Jesus is the most important part of our family - He is the cornerstone of our family... but we still have fun with jolly ol' Saint Nick. We also enjoy visits from the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and the Hair Washing Fairy. The Hair Washing Fairy has recently begun visiting Addy when she can get her hair washed without crying! After a particularly good hair washing night recently I told her that the Hair Washing Fairy would need to come. Addy said, "I will call him and he will bring me some teeth". It made me laugh.


Here are some more funnies!


Joseph wanted to know why the "tooth taker no give me money when my teeth came out".


Marti wanted to know if Santa could fit down a small chimney on a nearby house. When I explained that Santa was not "real" she looked at me with sad eyes and said, "why did you have to tell me that, I WANTED him to be real." It was so sweet.


I love teaching my kids about Jesus' birth. About God using someone so normal and ordinary like Mary to be part of something so miraculous! I love "playing" with our nativity set (Lilly calls it a 'utility set') with the kids and reinacting the birth of our Saviour. I also love visiting Santa and watching Rudolph on TV. I love that the kids still think that a red blinking light on a nearby hill is Rudolph making his "practice flights" as he gets ready to help Santa on his Christmas deliveries. Does that mean that they think Santa is more important than Jesus? Absolutely not!
Santa is part of the fun but Jesus is THE REASON!

No comments: