"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary to US

It is our anniversary today. We have been married for 12 years today. In fact, 12 years ago at this precise moment I was waiting to walk down the isle into Ben's arms. Wow! We got a card from Ben's parents that said, "My how your lives have changed in 12 years." That is the understatement of the century! :) It is amazing to me that I love Ben more now than I did even 3 years ago -- I never would have said that was possible.

I heard once that men marry women hoping they will never change... and that women marry men hoping to change them. I guess I would agree with that statement, at least a little. I hope everyday that Ben will pick up his towel and put it away after his shower -- but I pray that those little things that make him my best friend will never change.
I am sure that I have changed too... I would love to say that I am less bossy now than I was way back then... but probably I am MORE bossy. Oh well. He still loves me bossy or not.

We are going out to dinner tonight with the kids. My dad sent me money for my birthday and what better use is there than to take my family out to eat so that I don't have to cook??? :) I told them that we are going to the restaurant where Daddy proposed... Lilly replied, "so it's a really old place???" It is funny to think that in their eyes we have been married FOREVER - and for Ben and I, it has flown by! :)

When we get home tonight we will show the kids our wedding video... it shows me falling down on 3 different occasions (and I wasn't even tipsy). It also shows me doing a little hop when pastor pronounces us husband and wife. I know it is cheesy, but that really was the best MOMENT of my life.

2 comments:

darrendiane1 said...

Happy Anniversary Ben and Brooke. Hope you had a great day..!!!!

Dinah said...

Oh Goodness! Not the wedding video! I was such a fool. Any way of editing me out? Happy Anniversary!