"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Stupid Me

I was feeling very sorry for myself today as I looked in my rearview mirror to see those dreaded flashing lights. Especially because I knew I was busted. I wasn't wearing my stupid seatbelt... just being lazy I guess. AAAARGH! Do you know how many things I could do with the $124 I just "threw away", I could scream! No birthday presents for me this year... :) Just kidding, sort of!

On the upside, I got to watch my oldest kiddo play soccer tonight! That was a blast. To see him run like crazy, pass the ball to his new friends and make some incredible shots - it really was the highlight of my day. So many times as I watched him and saw the smile that was permanently etched on his face I couldn't help but be thankful for the huge blessing we have been given! He has a huge heart for God, for his family (both of them), for Ethiopia and for America. What a fantastic kid!

No comments: