"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, May 23, 2008

Reading

Last night Jacob was reading to me while I was cooking dinner! The book was something about a Boat that floats but while he was reading I had to run upstairs because I heard A LOT of water flowing! I walked into the bathroom to find an overflowing toilet with Addy standing sheepishly next to it! She had gone potty on her potty chair and decided to put the potty AND an entire roll of toilet paper into the toilet. She then flushed several times! So I quickly plunged out the toilet (so glad we bought a plunger for EACH bathroom), cleaned up the water, took the 5 soaking towels to the laundry room, started the towels in the washer, put a new roll of toilet paper on the holder, straightened up the bathroom, had a talk with Addy about toilet paper, put her infront of the TV and went back downstairs to read with Jacob. As he read to me I would get things out of the fridge for dinner, help him with a word or two, chop veggies and then read some more. It was working really well until I was stirring dinner and couldn't stop and he got stuck on this sentence:

I will ride my bike and see a red hen.

Jacob read, "I will...."

I said, "Spell it for me honey"

Jacob read, "I will spell it for me honey my bike..."

I stopped cooking and sat with him while he finished reading his book! :)

No comments: