"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, May 5, 2008

"No Hylium Gas Ethiopia"

This weekend the 4 little kids got balloons. I offered Joseph and Marta one, but they said, "no thank you". I asked them if they got balloons in Ethiopia and Joseph said, "Yes every Christmas!" So I figured they were too old and we headed home.

When we got home and everyone piled out of the car Lilly started crying. We ran around the car to see her balloon floating away. Marta started chasing it and then they all just stopped. I turned to see Jacob, Marta and Joseph just staring at the balloon as it floated away. They all started talking at once and Ben explained Helium to Joseph who TRIED to explain it to the other two.

Amazed does not even begin to describe their faces!

I keep wondering what they were thinking while holding the balloons all the way home in the car! I am guessing that they did not even notice that the balloons were floating. I wonder how much of everyday life is still going unnoticed for them? People ask us all the time if they are wandering around in shock at the stores and other places... and really they aren't. But now I wonder if they just aren't seeing it all. If their brains are so overloaded that they don't notice the things that are so common to us.

Later that night, Ben inhaled the helium to make funny voices for them. It was probably the funnies thing I have ever seen. The kids were HYSTERICAL in their laughter. We let Joseph and Marta try to talk funny too but they were laughing too hard to make it work. Joseph spent the rest of the night shaking his head saying, "no helium gas Ethiopia... no helium gas Ethiopia."

No comments: