"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, May 22, 2008

The God of Details

Throughout this process I have gotten worked up over both major and minor questions and details!

How will we ever afford the adoption? Will we survive in Ethiopia (figuratively not literally)? Can I love 3 more kids? Where will they all sleep? Will they ever learn to read in English? Will I have time to kiss and hug on 6 kids? Where will Ben fit in? When will I study for my National Boards? Will my birth certificate EVER get here? Can our fundraiser and dinner be a success?

These questions and literally 1000's more plagued my heart and mind every day.

Over and over again I reminded myself that:

God did not bring us to this point, to abandon us to the details!

Now that the "newness" is wearing off and the STUFF of life is needing to be taken care of... I remind myself again that HE will not abandon me to drown in the details. Details like: making dinner, tuition, groceries, swimming lessons, soccer fees, new shoes, graduations, car rides - you know, the DETAILS that are part of life!

The details will work themselves out... I know they will! And I will be thankful that my biggest "fear" right now is how to pay for their summer activities!

Our kids are so wonderful - it is truly amazing! Marta read to me IN ENGLISH last night, she is one smart girl! Jacob drew a picture in church on Sunday. He wrote Jacob srs. Jacob serious. To him "serious" means paying attention. He also sang in his first school musical this week. The program was called "AmeriKids" and watching him sing: "AmeriKids that's me..."was pretty wonderful! Joseph got an A on a science test last week - Ben was so proud! "A straight up A, Brooke. He earned an A!" Yesterday Joseph told me that he thinks doing 8th grade again next year is a good idea! He said, "English language hard. Joseph beautiful English...(then) University EASY!"

I look at the kids sometimes and think 1 year ago they didn't have enough food and their mom was worried about getting meat for them 1 day each week. Now they dream about Universities and playing on a soccer team. Here I am worried about swimming lessons! The details will be fine - maybe my priorities are what need to be changed!

No comments: