"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Fun Times

















Can you tell how much Lilly LOVES having a big sister! She loves her new big brother too!
We had a fabulous weekend. Our earnings from the yard sale was $523!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it! We certainly made our goal and that is wonderful! I had been trying to explain 'yard sale' to the kids for 2 weeks - I have decided that it is one of those things that you must see to understand. Joseph cracked us up, he kept pulling things out and deciding he would fix them. Genetics aside, he is so much like his grandfather! :)
Marta has the same crud everyone else has had, she is in bed sleeping. I really hate it when they are sick because I KNOW they must miss their mom. I would. The soothing voice, the special touch, the certain drink that helped make it better are all impossible for me to recreate. So I do my best, trying to let her sleep and cuddle on her and leave her alone... figuring out how she wants me to be. Lilly hates when other people are sick, she says it's not fair that they get more attention :). For Lilly, I know just what she wants when she is sick... with Marti, I am learning.
On another note, Marta's best friend from Wolayta was at the care center with her in Addis. She has been adopted and her family lives about 4 hours from us... Isn't that amazing??? Unfortunately, there is a problem with their paperwork and they may need to stay in Ethiopia for a month!!!! The family is all there and are so frustrated and could use our prayers! So please pray for Kuri and her family that they can all come home soon!

No comments: