"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Wasting Time

These are the ways I waste my life away... the things I do when everyone is asleep and I am still awake. Laundry is sometimes piled, dishes might be dirty, bible study is waiting - and yet I choose one of these silly little distractors.

OK, I totally admit it, I am hooked. American Idol auditions and Survivor bring me great joy! That is what I do for fun! I most definately should be exercising, reading a good book, writing a paper for National Boards... something. But no, after the kids are in bed we get in our bed and watch TV. Time is wasted... but somehow that is OK.

I also love blog hopping. I start at some blog that I love to read and then click the links from that blog to a new blog to see where I end up! Today, I ended up at a blog of a family who just brought their 3 Ethiopian cuties home. I wish I could tell you where I found it, but I won't be able to find it again.

Books, I can read 1-2 a day... if I have time. But right now, I just don't have time. I did just start Do They Hear You When You Cry which is amazing and The Shack... I love them both, but I don't know when I will finish either one of them.

My last favorite time waster is to play Diner Dash... OK, seriously it is a lot of fun! I am super bad at it, and only play the free version online, but it brings me "brainless joy" which we all need now and then.

No comments: