"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Waiting

I am not good at waiting.

When I was pregnant with Danny and on bed rest - I wasted my time. I watched reruns of Law and Order and played solitair on the computer.

When I was pregnant with Lilly and on bed rest - I wasted my time. I watched rerusn of Seventh Heaven and played free-cell on the computer.

When I was pregnant with Addy and on bed rest - I wasted my time...

Do you see a pattern? I am horrible at waiting, so instead of spending time in God's word and in prayer, I play computer games and watch TV. I want things to happen quickly so I waste my time, I wish away my days.

I am trying to be better this time. As we wait for our 3 newest kiddos, I am praying. For patience, peace, and more patience. I am spending time with the 3 kiddos who are here... we are spending time reading, playing with Addy's "peopos" and competing on the Wii that Danny won. But I still wish away my days. I feel guilty that my kids here have so much while my kids in Ethiopia are thankful for so very little. So I wish for the time when my kiddos will be ours. When we can fly off to Ethiopia to pick them up and bring them home. A time when our family will be complete. A time when I will not be waiting and wishing time away.

So I searched the word peace in the Bible today and these are what I came up with... these I will cling to.

Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Proverbs 14:29-31
A patient man has great understanding,
but a quick-tempered man displays folly.
A heart at peace gives life to the body,
but envy rots the bones.
He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker,
but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.
2 Peter 1:2-3
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:
Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.
Psalm 37:7
Be still in the presence of the Lord,
and wait patiently for him to act.

No comments: