"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy Happy Happy

We received this email from Ben's cousin this morning... I cannot tell you how happy we are to know that they are coming home soon.


Ben and Brooke,
Alex and I visited your kids yesterday! Funny part of the entire episode is that I spent an hour trying to find the CWA Transition House only to eventually find it two blocks from the guesthouse I am staying at! The road is under construction so all of the building signs have been removed and put behind their fences so I never saw even though I drove and walked right past their gate. The good news is that you have 3 wonderful kids. The counselor agreed to let us meet them but until they pass court they can not be photographed. I first met A and E as the main compound is for the boys. E is along for the ride and doesn't really know the meaning of everything that's going on except that he's going to America to live with you guys. A though knows what a great opportunity it is. He reads English very well and can read your letters word for word with only a few questions. I asked them the questions you had for me and they really didn't have much to say except M wanted to know what kind of food we have in America. A said he's not sure what to be nervous about yet. They wrote small notes and pictures for you and I have their basic measurements I'll give you when I return. The most emotional reaction was from M . She walked into the office not sure why she was there and then the counselor told her that I was visiting her and that I was her cousin. Her face light up so bright I've never seen anyone so filled with joy. She then gave me a long and hard hug as if I was her long lost father come back to life. She then gave me the traditional Ethiopia kisses and told me she loved me. Wow. Her smile is great - she's going to be a lot of fun to be around. An interesting fact is that she likes to swim and has swam in the river where she used to live - unusual for most Ethiopians. The boys like soccer - no surprise there. A is very loving and caring and also has a contagious smile. E I think will hit it off with Danny and turn into a typical American kid really fast - watch out. They opened their gifts and then I taught them how to play UNO and E won the game. A thought it quite funny to keep giving me draw 2 and draw 4 cards. The counselor says hello and the kids send their love. The counselor thinks they will pass court in 1-2 months max so you may be coming in March-April timeframe. They're great kids and I look forward to spending time with you guys. Talk to you soon when I return.

John and Alex

No comments: