"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, January 25, 2008

Bras... Underwear and Socks... OH, MY

OK, so I don't really know what I was thinking... I had started shopping for clothes and backpacks and even bought 2 pairs of shoes hoping they will fit A and M. But now, I have to shop for underwear, bras and socks for 3 more kiddos. Problem #1 is that I have a hard enough time keeping socks sorted and put away with only the 5 of us. Problem #2 is sizes, what should I buy for the new kids? :) So not really a huge problem - but just needs to be figured out.

I spent the day in class learning about new school programs and spent my break time asking some of my mom friends (who have 9-11 year old girls) what type of underwear and bras the kids will need. 1 friends said, "Well, just wait until you get home (from Ethiopia) and then take them shopping... they will have clothes there." THAT is the problem.... the kids will leave the care center with NOTHING! Well, maybe they will have the photo albums and things we sent, but then maybe not. The clothes they leave with, often need to be returned to the care center... so really - we must take EVERYTHING! I should confess too, I am the WORLD'S WORST PACKER. Nearly everytime we go somewhere, we have to buy someone some clothing article because I packed 2 pants and no shirts or forgot someone's underwear. I must improve, so I created a list and am checking it twice (or 200) times.

For those of you who have been asking - this is the sizes that we have been told.

A is 5'7" and weighs 120. We are guessing shirts are adult small but have no idea on pants.
M is 5'1" and weighs 86 lbs. We are guessing a 14/16 shirt and 14 pants or maybe 16 slim...
E is a 7X or 8 shirt and 7 slim pants.

We hope to have foot tracings soon so we know what shoe size they wear - it will be so nice to have this all figured out.

No comments: