"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thankful

In honor of Thanksgiving I have created a list of the 100 things I am thankful for... they are in no particular order. Whe I was in high school, my sister, Rebecca gave me a book called 14,000 Things to be Happy For. I still have it and I love going back and reading the parts that I highlighted. I love that I highlighted things like - "taking a walk in the rain on a romantic beach"... I surely did not have any experience with that - but it is nice.




  1. My kids - truly amazing


  2. My husband - the most wonderful man alive


  3. Cheesecake


  4. Thanksgiving


  5. Christmas music


  6. New socks


  7. Tomatoes


  8. Cookies


  9. My job


  10. My home - even though it flooded


  11. My cars - I love my new car


  12. Friends - we are so blessed


  13. Dogs


  14. Old cats


  15. Purple pens


  16. Friends who knew me when


  17. Birthday parties


  18. Clean closets - there aren't any of those at my house


  19. My parents


  20. My sisters


  21. My brothers


  22. Warm beds

  23. Bunk beds

  24. Grandparents

  25. Christmas movies

  26. Listening to the kids laugh

  27. Playing the Wii

  28. Daisies

  29. Reading a good book

  30. My Accountability Group

  31. Rain

  32. Snow

  33. Sunshine

  34. Tomatoes from the garden

  35. Lilly and Addy in ponytails

  36. Ben with a hat on

  37. Danny when he snuggles with me in bed

  38. Finding money in the washer

  39. Finding a Starbuck's gift card just when I really needed coffee

  40. Hanging out with friends

  41. Friends who don't make me feel guilty that I don't call more often

  42. Playing board games

  43. Sitting in front of the fish tank with the kids

  44. Going to the movies with Ben

  45. Gum

  46. My flannel pj's with the bees on them - they are like 8 years old

  47. Tennis shoes

  48. Lipstick that stays on all day

  49. When my parents take the kids to the movie.

  50. Listening to everyone sing in the car

  51. When the kids pray

  52. When Ben laughs

  53. Knowing that God gave us a purpose

  54. Thanksgiving

  55. Christmas lights on houses

  56. Pizza

  57. When my dad comes to visit

  58. Bubbles

  59. kittens

  60. Life is Good shirts

  61. The beach

  62. A really good margarita

  63. Cheese enchiladas

  64. Chips and salsa - hmmm... I think I see a theme

  65. Sledding

  66. Riding bikes with the kids

  67. Taking the dogs to the river

  68. Going to the fish ladder at the damn

  69. New emails

  70. Blogging

  71. Amazing Race - although I am sad that I can't watch it with the kids anymore...

  72. Going to the zoo

  73. Hanging out with family

  74. Hearing the kids speak spanish - they know about 10 words

  75. White Chocolate Peppermint mocha

  76. Max Lucado books

  77. Christian fiction

  78. Tucking the kids into bed

  79. When I fix the kids hair and it looks good

  80. Playing in the garden

  81. Date Night

  82. Friends who help me plan fundraising dinners

  83. Friends who are excited for us - and don't tell us we're crazy

  84. Emails from my sister that end in "Love and Spaget"

  85. Birthday cards

  86. Christmas letters

  87. God's love

  88. Patience

  89. Wonderful babysitters

  90. Having my kids "help" in the kitchen

  91. Shopping with Lilly

  92. Watching Danny play baseball - and love it

  93. Hearing Addy say, "I try it" 1,000 times a day - not always happy about that...

  94. My wonderful husband - have I already said that?
  95. Good health
  96. Emails about the kids
  97. New friends who travel to Ethiopia and take presents for our kids
  98. Answered prayers
  99. Watching the kids run to Ben

100. Time to sit and make a list like this (even if most of it was done at 2:00 a.m.

No comments: