"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Answered Prayer

Last week I was terrified. What if something had happened to the kids, why haven't I heard anything, what if their tests came back and they were sick, what if they weren't really real????? These kids have become mine - I KNOW that legally they are not and I know that I have to wait for the court date... but that big giant kid who looks nothing like me, in my heart he is mine and I love him already. All 3 of my kids in Ethiopia are already so precious to me - I cannot wait for them to get here. Now, I don't want any of you worrying that I have unrealistic fantasies of how it will be - I know the true love will grow, I know that there will be really bad days... I KNOW :) or at least I am preparing myself for all the bad things. So don't worry, at least not too much.

OK, the answered prayers... I read my wonderful book and I prayed. God, I need a sign, I need to know that the kids are OK and that all of this is real.

Today, my email had the kids medicals which were taken in April (they will have a new one soon) and pictures. Oh, those pictures are so precious. AND now I know how to spell their names correctly - boy has that been driving me crazy. I always say that if I was on Survivor I would be able to spell everyone's name the right way... So, the kids are Adissu, Martha and Esrael - what pretty names. In addition, I got an email from someone who has recently seen the kids and they are doing great! Oh, my heart is happy. I was crying (from relief) so hard that when I called Ben he was scared something was wrong. THANK YOU, GOD. Just when I could barely stand it... these gifts came. I am at peace.

Prayer request - Janelle (who was originally adopting the kids and lives in Spokane) is going in for another round of Chemo today and the next 8 days are pretty yucky for her - please uplift her in prayer. We got to meet her and her husband last week, they are amazing people and this has been really hard for them. Janelle also has 2 little kids who are doing well but certainly could use our prayers. Thanks!

No comments: