"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, November 19, 2007

African Children's Choir

We got to go see the African Children's Choir last night. It was wonderful! I cried through the first 3 songs... I feel "humbled" by the opportunity we are being given. It was so fun to sit with the kids during the performance - they loved it!
  • Addy thought she was part of the performance and danced and clapped the entire time.
  • Lilly wanted to know why the kids didn't have moms and dads and if Israel and Marta were up there singing.
  • Danny was sad that he did not bring his Ethiopian hat - but then realized it was probably a good thing because it might have confused people and they would have thought that he was supposed to be in the choir too... it was really hard not to laugh at that thought!

Our cousins came down for the concert and it was a lot of fun to spend the eveinging with them and watch all the kids have fun! They were so glad to know that they would see each other again in just a few days. I am looking forward to this week - I love Thanksgiving with Ben's family. There will be at least 50 of us and I believe the chaos is good for my soul.

Here is the verse that I love today...

I pray that out of his glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:16-19

No comments: