"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Keep On Keeping On

That was the title and theme for our sermon today. That beginning something is just that, a beginning. The hardest part is following through. I felt like Pastor was speaking just to me for that brief moment. I thought about how in a year all of this paper work, anticipation, fear, frustration, and excitement will all be over and we might look back thinking that THAT was the easy part. The following through will be the hardest part. Having 6 kids actually home, not just in our dreams, will be the hard part. Laundry, discipline, logistics, homework, dinner, dishes, college... all of the follow through that we have with our children - that is the hardest part. But the good news of the sermon is that God does not leave us alone in the "follow through". He walks beside us or carries us (depending of the circumstances). That Keep On Keeping On is "easier" and "doable" when we walk with our God.

Yesterday, some amazing friends gave us their Suburban. They were some of the very first friends we called when we began praying about the kids. When we were overwhelmed with the obstacles that seemed impossible, they were some of the friends who reminded us of all the ways God has been preparing us for these children. So when I asked about how to haul 6 kids and Ben and I in our 7 passenger van she said God would figure that out too. And HE did... Our friends had bought a newer Suburban and had not quite gotten around to selling it. SO, they gave it to us. If I sound too mellow, unappriciative, or blase... you have not seen my tears, watched my "happy dance" or seen me speachless (which doesn't happen often). These friends, our God, and many others are helping to make what once seemed impossible a very exciting reality!



So we are Keeping On... doing what we need to do to bring our kids home... and relying on GOD to work out the details!


My Dad just called and said that the band he used to play with had a song called "Keep on keeping on..." That's cool! :)
Happy Sunday!

No comments: